The whole western world seems to be outsourcing everything to the developing nations but is it a good idea for Website development?
Firstly, let us look at some facts – taking India as an example.
* India has 1 billion inhabitants
* The Indian culture has a very strong work ethic
* The cost of living in India is very low compared to the developed nations
* India has very strong family ties
* India has a very good education system in the cities
In the past many Indians would leave their country in the hope of finding a better standard of living abroad. While many have succeeded, the vast majority of educated Indians have had to accept less intellectually stimulating jobs.
Improved telecommunications and technology have now given a large number of people the opportunity to stay in their home country and maintain a decent standard of living.
However, the vast number of inhabitants causes the demand for these outsourced website design and development positions to be very high – with the result that a person is likely to be more highly qualified in India for the same position than a person in the developed world.
So what does this mean to the Web Development market for IT outsourcing:
* Large number of highly skilled, motivated staff
* Much lower overheads than the developed world
* Time difference is excellent for support
However, if anyone thinks that an India web development company can simply send a form to a customer for them to complete with their website requirements and build a perfect website – they will be in a very bad surprise in all but the simplest of cases.
Web design is not like buying a microwave oven. The customer will have a very clear idea what they are trying to achieve but communicating these thoughts in black and white to someone 12000 miles away is no easy matter.
Ciudad de Panama Website Business Analysis
This is where the local IT Business Analyst is so important. Their role is three fold:
* Understand exactly what the customer requires and write it down in a manner that the Website Developer can understand
* Act as the intermediary throughout the development process, conducting regular reviews, using the Internet, at key milestones to ensure that the project is on track
* After the development is complete, the BA provide assistance to the customer in testing, migrating and implementing the new website.
We believe that website development outsourcing is a good idea as the cost savings will be large but only if the correct infrastructure is in place – otherwise you, the customer, will be severely disappointed when you get delivered a microwave oven when you thought you had ordered a grill…